Wedding Planner



Customs & Culture

Message Board 

Site Map

Contact Us 



Why A Wedding Planner
Wedding Planning Packages
Restaurants & Catering
Asian Bridal Show
& Food Tasting
Reception Sites
Marriage License
Photographer & Videographer
Weddings in Shanghai
Chair Covers & Linen
Hair & Salon
DJ, MC & Sound
Dragon & Lion Dance
Limo Rental

Guidelines for obtaining a marriage license in Southern California


In Southern California, the legal age for marriage is 18 years old.  Couples under 18 must have parental consent.  Both the bride and groom must apply for and sign the license together.  A valid photo ID or driver's license is required.  Residency and blood tests are not required.  There is no waiting period to obtain the license, which is valid for 90 days.  If either the bride or groom has been previously married, he or she must present the bureau with the divorce decree or death certificate.  In San Bernardino County, these documents only have to be presented if the divorce or death was within the last 90 days; in Los Angeles County, the documents must be presented if the divorce or death was within the last two years.  All offices are open Monday through Friday, unless otherwise noted.  Only cash, check or money order are accepted.  Please call ahead to get all of the details.

Where to apply

Recorder's Office Address Phone Number Hours Cost
Norwalk Recorder 12400 Imperial Highway
Norwalk, CA 90650
562-462-2137 8:00 to 4:00 $70
Florence/Firestone Recorder 7807 S. Compton Ave. Room 215
Los Angeles, CA 90007
323-586-6192 8:30 to 3:00 $70
East LA Recorder 4716 E. Cesar Chavez Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90022
323-260-2991 8:30 to 3:00 $70
Beverly Hills Recorder 9355 Burton Way, Fl. 1
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310-288-1261 8:30 to 3:00 $70
Orange County Old Courthouse Clerk-Recorder 211 W. Santa Ana Blvd., Room 201
Santa Ana, CA 92702
714-834-3005 8:00 to 4:00 $66.25
Riverside County Clerk 2724 Gateway Drive
Riverside, CA 92502
909-486-7000 8:00 to 4:00 $76
San Bernardino County Auditor Controller/Recorder 222 W. Hospitality Lane
San Bernardino, CA 92415
909-387-8322 8:00 to 4:30 $71

After you obtain a marriage license, which is valid for 90-days, you may be married by your choice of one of the following persons qualified to perform marriage ceremonies:

1) a priest, minister or rabbi of any religious denomination who is 18 years of age or older;
2) an active or retired Judge, Commissioner, or Assistant Commissioner of a court or record or Justice Court in this State
3) by a Deputy Commissioner of Civil Marriages.

Marriage ceremonies conducted by the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Civil Marriage are performed at the following offices of the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk:

9355 Burton Way, 1st Floor Beverly Hills (310)288-1261 Thursday, by appointment
11701 S. La Cienega Blvd., 6th Floor LAX Airport (310) 727-6142 Friday, by appointment
4716 E. Cesar Chavez Avenue Los Angeles (323) 260-2991 Friday, by appointment
7807 S. Compton Avenue Room 215 Los Angeles (323) 586-6192 Friday, by appointment
12400 Imperial Highway Norwalk (562) 462-2137 Monday-Friday, by appointment
14340 W. Sylvan Street Van Nuys (818) 374-7176 Friday, by appointment

At least one witness must be present at the ceremony unless the couple is marrying using a confidential marriage license in which case no witness is required.

The fee for the civil ceremony is $25. Payment can be made by cash, check or money order. If paying by check, valid identification (i.e., Driver's License) of the signer is required and must be presented at time of request.


Although we strive to provide accurate information, we assume no responsibility for changes occurred after posting date.  Please confirm all details with your local licensing bureau.  Please inform us of updates or errors at


- Shopping Home  - Wedding Invitations - Chinese Dresses - Wedding Gifts - Wedding Accessories

Home  | Shopping | Privacy Policy | Shipping Info | Return Policy | About Us

Copyright©® 2002-2003.  All Rights Reserved.